This article summarizes how to create a Disqus account, and how to get it set up to use in your SellPro content.
Create a Disqus account
- Go to the Disqus login page.
- Click on the "Signup" tab, fill out the required information, and submit.
- After your account has been created, select "I want to comment on Sites".
- In the top right corner click the Settings icon, then select "Settings".
- Under "Accounts", locate your user name.
- Under "Profile", you are able to:
- Upload an Avatar
- Change your name
- Use an email address you have access to when creating your Disqus account. You will need to verify the account(s) you create.
- Be sure to activate the account via the verification email you will receive shortly after creating your account BEFORE performing the next step.
Provide User name to your SellPro Administrator
- Login to Disqus.com.
- Select the profile picture located on the top left portion of the screen.
- Select "Settings".
- Click the "Account" tab on left side of screen
- Look for the username field, copy it and provide to your SellPro administrator via email. Provide the user name exactly as it appears in Disqus, do not alter it, or add any spaces or characters.
Consider choosing a user name that is easily identifiable and relatable to users who will be using your forum. This user name is visible to all forum participants, and if you will be moderating or participating in comments,you'll want to make it clear who you are.
For example, instead of using a generic name like "johndoe", use something more descriptive, for example: name and brand, or "John_ACME".